Monday, September 10, 2007

The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Last Saturday, September 8th, 2007, is the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

I celebrated it unknowingly through adoration on Friday night through a young adult group called "Spirit and Truth". Then on Sunday, I again celebrated this feast by attending Divine Liturgy at a Byzantine Catholic Church.

I only learned of the feast sometime last Friday afternoon so I don't really know much of it. I do know that this feast is one of the oldest we celebrate. Although we don't really know when the exact date of or Mother's birth, the church has agreed to set the date as September 8.

On a side note, my firstborn, my daughter was born on September 8, 2007. Praise and Glory to Him forever!

No comments:

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Gloria Jesu Christo! Gloria in aeternum!