Thursday, September 20, 2007

The musings of a warrior...

I have often wondered how God could forgive the nastiest sin or the heaviest sinner. It doesn't matter what kind of sin or how many times you did it. God forgives in the snap of a finger. Such is the love of God that it's almost to a ridiculous point. Last Sunday's Gospel demonstrated that. But that's God's end. what I wonder about is our end. Why is it that he can forgive seemingly so easy.

I submit to you that this is the mystery that is the human dignity. I believe or at least think that this is another factor. God created us in his image and likeness. We lost the image during the fall and we've struggled with it while retaining the likeness of God. Our dignity was also placed in us and thus making us important beings. It is what the Church tries to protect when the issue concerns life. It is also what we are called to respect.

This thing called the human dignity is what probably what God sees which is why he can forgive us with no question; because it is what makes us more than what we think we are.

Don't take my word for it. These are just my thoughts; an opinion that requires deeper thought.

No comments:

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Gloria Jesu Christo! Gloria in aeternum!