Thursday, September 28, 2006

Apologia series - Jehovah's Witnesses

Hey, my blog is diversifying ok. Yeah, I know I already have a Catechism seires going. So what's this Apologia? Apologia is a Greek word that means defense of a position. It is where we got the word Aplologetics. We don't apologize for anything because we're Catholics. Na-uh! 1 Peter 3:15 says, "Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope." Hence, we have apologetics, to defend our faith. But in order to defend one's faith, one must know it. Hopefully, this is the mission my blog attempts to accomplish (with the grace of God).

I came home the other day to find a JW magazine, AWAKE, in front of my doorstep. I took it and kept it. I had not read it. I wanted to contest it with my knowledge actually. This sparked this topic. I will not write anything about JW's. Instead, I will post links from people who've already done the work for me. The primary source of these links is Catholic.com.

History of Jehova's Witnesses
http://www.catholic.com/library/history_of_the_jehovah_witnesesses.asp

Understanding the Jehova's Witnesses
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1995/9502fea5.asp

What they believe
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9811clas.asp

Using their own bible against them
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1996/9612fea2.asp

How to deal with them
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0107sbs.asp

All articles come from This Rock! magazine. I am thinking of subscribing to have the hard copy in hand. The magazine is very good and has thought provoking articles. If you want more information on Jehovah's Witnesses, visit Catholic.com and make a search.

No comments:

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Gloria Jesu Christo! Gloria in aeternum!