This entry is better late than never.
It's the month of the rosary! Don't forgot to say your rosaries. In speaking of prayer, once you go further in the journey of daily prayer, you may or may not notice but it is the Spirit that leads the prayer. My personal example is the Rosary itself. The rosary, since it is a devotion, it's not strict so to speak. You can pray any mystery on any given day. You can even pray all the mysteries in one day if you wish.
Over the years of praying the rosary, the way I say it personally has changed. I still follow the basic formula (5 decades, Our Father, 10 Hail Mary's, etc) but I have made certain additions. For example, I added psalm 51:3-19 before I say the Apostle's Creed. And I've added prayers after the rosary. Well, this works well if I have my bible with me because I don't have Psalm 51 memorized. And of course, I do not do this when the rosary is said in public or in a group.
My point is this, if I allow the Spirit to guide me, this is what happens. Actually, I don't think I allowed the Spirit... it just kinda happened. Even if you are loss in words, the Spirit will guide you if you let him. You don't even have to be an uber mystic.
No comments:
Post a Comment