I just noticed, if not realized that as Catholics, our spirituality is different from our other Christian brethren. A deep Catholic spirituality leads us to be obedient to God and become intensely and intimately close to him. And therefore, following his will isn't so difficult (I hope). Sorry but it just seems that way. I guess one of the reasons to this is because we have the Eucharist. We are fortunate enough to have Christ physically with us through the Eucharist and the other sacraments.
In my case, my spirituality is based on the Benedictine spirituality. I will admit to have difficulty following the second half of the rule. But the basic principle applies, Seek God, obey Him and I added my own which is to give Him all you have (both tangible and intangible) and trust Him completely. I pray that this will flow down to my family and to my own clan.
No comments:
Post a Comment