Actually, there are no new reflections for today. I have been stagnant in my walk of faith. I just listen to Catholic Radio and try to absorb what I can. Learn what needs to be learned. I do love listening to Catholic Answers Live. I can't listen to it anymore on the radio since they took them out but I still listen online or at least burn an archive as an audio cd. I've always loved listening to Jimmy Akin so I burned all Thrusday Q&A's starting from the last Thursday of June up to last Thursday to cd's.
Y'know, it's like I met my learning cap. I can't seem to absorb knowledge of the faith as I did before. I also realized that I'm missing my compilations. I compiled a lot of stuff about different topics like the Sacraments, the Virgin Mary, Spiritual battle, and Church history. The good news is that I kept the links where I found them. Bad news is that some of the links are dead.
I remember back when I enjoyed reading all these. Now, it seems like common knowledge to me and I can't go further. That kinda sucks but I'm sure some people are encountering or have encountered what I am experiencing at the moment. I still go to Mass on Sundays and to confession regularly.
I guess, remembering what Fr. Corapi said, when you're at the level you're at, things are going to be different. In the beginning, you'll feel like a waterfall is pouring on you and as you go learning more and more the waterfall will feel like water out of a faucet. I was on fire with God. Now I feel like the fire has been reduced to a spark.
In the end, it's really not about how you feel. I'm sure the fire is still there, I just have to find it.
No comments:
Post a Comment