Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Reflections 06-28-2006

I heard this really cool statement from Fr. John Grigus on The Inner Life, a show in Relevant Radio. I'll do my best to echo what I heard but I don't think I'll do a good job. I'll try to get to the point however.

A caller called the show asking how she can do more for God. She mentioned that she's learned so much and at this point she wanted to get her spirituality speeded up because she can get impatient. She just wanted to do more for God. She wanted to know what God wants of her, fast! Hey, that's a valid argument.

Fr. Grigus mentioned quite a few stuff while I was driving but what struck me is this: He mentioned not to be anxious.

We need to be well aware of ourselves and that is how we love God. We love God with our human essence as we are. Now this made me reflect on the thought of SFC's loving God. Surely, we are to love God with our Time, Talent and Treasure. But I think Fr. Grigus' answer is the best one for me... To love God by just being ourselves and not being anxious.

Let's take a housewife for example, how can she love God? She can love God by being a good housewife! Simple as that! Knowing where you are at is enough. The housewife can take care of her husband and/or her children. That already reflects loving God. The housewife is being true to her essence and we should do the same.

We need to be aware of ourselves yet be unaware of ourselves. What?!? I don't get it. Of course you don't. Let me explain. We need to be aware of what we are yet have humility. And humility is being unaware of ourselves. Like a child who is lost in the wonder of watching a caterpillar or a kid who's lost in staring out at the stars in space.

Sometimes, we do not get any messages from God and that's because He wants us to be where we're at. We're serving Him well enough where we're at. If He requires more of us, He will let His intentions be known to us whether be it a car crash or a brick on the head.... That was a joke.

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Gloria Jesu Christo! Gloria in aeternum!