Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Considering your vocation?

First of all let get one thing straight.

The church understands three vocations: married life, consecrated life, and holy orders. It is possible to have more than one vocation. (I.e. Permanent deaconate)

You don't have a vocation until you're in it (I.e. you don't have a vocation in marriage until you're married).

Every vocation is a free choice.
You are not sinning if you choose to go another way.
God is merely showing a way to serve Him and do a lot of good. But this doesn't mean that this is the only way.
God gave us desire as an indicator. No private revelations needed.
If they desire something then it's something to think about.
However our desires are not always reliable. We need to complement our desire with reason.
If you have the desire to pursue a particular vocation, think about it, pray about it, talk about it and get as much information as you can so you can use your intellect to cross examine your desires (I.e. Is there a reason why I shouldn't do this?) to see if all pieces fit the puzzle.
All of the pieces have to fit the puzzle.

No comments:

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Gloria Jesu Christo! Gloria in aeternum!