Thursday, February 10, 2005

Aaronic Blessing

I was wondering to myself what to post today. I've been feeling spiritually dry lately. But despite that I tried to fight back and tried to read any helpful articles. Well, I've come across an article about incense at catholic.com. As I was reading it, I came across the Aaronic blessing. This blessing was taught to Aaron and his sons and this is how they were to bless the people.

"The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let his face shine upon you and be gracious to you! The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace!"

This passage can be found in the book of Numbers 6:24-26.

This is a good blessing to give and pass on to children. I then decided to commit myself to memorize this passage along with the Hebrew version. The Hebrew goes like this:

Y'varekh'ka ADONAI v'yishmerekha
Ya'er ADONAI panav eleikha vichunekka
Yissa ADONAI panav eleikha v'yasem l'kha shalom






No comments:

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Gloria Jesu Christo! Gloria in aeternum!