My visit to the Philippines was not entirely filled with enjoyment. I did enjoy every minute of my stay there but the fact of the matter is that it's not all enjoyment. There is much suffering in there too. People who are close to me suffer. Sure, there are smiles on their faces but I can't deny the fact that depression hits them because life is hard. It is. It's a painful truth.
I come back here to Christmas where people buy such and such gifts. People here have everything they would want. I stopped and thought to myself, wait a minute... I can't really be taking in to much of this. There are people suffering out there and I just feel like a jerk. I knew something had to be done. My family alone... there are people suffering there.
I can't really think of anything concrete for now but I have decided to offer my fasting for my family and to atone a few sins here and there. I thought I ought to suffer with them. For the record, I definitely choose to suffer. Any suffering I incur will be offered to the people who suffer. I pray the good Lord will take my suffering and do some good with it.
Although there is pain and suffering, we must not forget that there is also hope. It is something to strive for. Hope brought me home and hope keeps me alive. As long as there is God's mercy, I believe that there is hope. Our Lord died to give us hope.
Heavenly Father, I am not a model person but please take all my suffering, both intentional and unintentional, and use it to do good. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment