Wow! This is my first blog! I'm excited and I can't think of what to say so I'll just share something about a recent seminar.
I recently attended a 2 day Bible timeline seminar at a local parish in Lombard, IL. It was one of the life changing moments in my faith. We went through the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation in one day. From listening to the story of salvation history, I realized one common denominator. People had difficulty trusting God. If there is one message I learned, it's this: "Trust God" even if it means to suffer.
The question now lies in, "Can you trust God?". Time and time again it is a struggle. But if one knows the story, one can understand. We lost the preternatural gifts after the fall. The intellect no longer dictates the will and the will has become weak. Now, we're more like, "Oh, I want this and I want it now."
Is it difficult to trust God? I find it hard but I myself don't think so. We have one person who started it and a bunch of saints who were able to do it. Now, if they can do it... then by the grace of God, we can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment